Baked Potato Soup with Kale
This recipe is delicious, but takes about 1 hour to complete. Make it on the weekends or after the kids go to bed. It’s even tastier the next day!
Ingredients (serves about 6):
Super Simple Bone Broth (8-10 cups) (or storebought chicken like Kitchen SImple)
9-10 medium potatoes (or buy a bag or two of peeled & chopped from Trader Joe’s)
1 bunch kale (I used dino kale)
2 stalks celery
3-4 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
1-2 sprigs of rosemary
Handful of fresh thyme (stems removed)
1 splash apple cider vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Wash and chop celery and leek. Crush or mince garlic.
2. In dutch oven or pot, cook celery, leek and garlic in 1-3 TBS olive oil on medium heat until soft (5-10 min). Add more stock or oil if it starts to crisp.
3. In the meantime, wash potatoes and chop into 1.5 inch chunks.
4. Prep herbs by washing and chopping leaves (don’t include stems)
5. Add to pot: potatoes, stock/broth, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, apple cider vinegar. (Make sure you have enough broth to cover approximately 2x the potatoes.)
6. Bring to a boil. Drop to a simmer and put cover on partially. Cook until potatoes are soft.
7. Rinse and chop kale into ribbons. Add kale once potatoes are done and cook until wilted (about 10 minutes)
8. Use an immersion blend (or transfer to regular blender) to puree into creamy thick soup.
9. To make it taste like baked potato deliciousness, the key is to let the soup simmer with the cover off until most of the excess liquid boils off. Turn up the heat a little if needed but keep an eye on it! Yum!