Refreshing Quinoa Salad
Chock full of veggies, no skimping on flavor!
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 1/2 cups quinoa
1 cucumber diced (2½ cups)
2 cups baby spinach
1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
1/2 red onion finely chopped (½ cup)
1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons juiced & zested
1/2 cup pine nuts optional
1/2 tsp Sea Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to package
2. Toast pine nuts on low heat in a dry pan on stovetop; stir frequently for 2-4 minutes
3. Chop all veggies: 1 english cucumber diced, 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered, 1/2 small red onion minced, 1/2 cup parsley minced
4. Add quinoa to pine nuts, and stir in cucumber, tomatoes, onion, spinach, parsley and beans.
5. Fold in oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Adjust seasoning as needed (maybe more lemon, more S&P) to be as flavorful as you enjoy! (maybe even add some crushed garlic)