Sweet Squash Pancakes
These pancakes are hearty. If you want them to be fluffier add 1/2 tsp baking powder. Dipped in maple syrup, they are delish!
- 2 Omega-3 eggs
- ¾ – 1 cup roasted butternut squash (or canned unsweetened butternut squash)
- 2 TBS ground flaxseed
- 2 TBS sunflower seed flower (or almond flour)
- ½ tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil (for pan frying)
- Pure maple syrup (for dipping)
- Whisk all ingredients together very well
- On low to medium heat, coat sauté pan with dab of coconut oil
- Once pan is hot, drop 1-2 heaping spoonfuls of mixture per cake
- Flip after 1-2 minutes or once it has browned on the cooked side
- Serve hot with drizzle of pure maple syrup!
*Note: Little ones (like my 14-month-old) don’t need the extra sugar in maple syrup so I recommend skipping it!