This week, I’m challenging you to find a new nutrient-dense snack to add to your family’s regular snack options. Think:
- Veggie sticks + travel hummus (kids love to dip!)
- Frozen fruit like grapes + blueberries
- Naturally sweetened, plain granola like Udi’s or Homemade Granola
- Double Coco Cherry Walnut Bars
- Portable fruit like apples and clementines
- Apples or pears + nut butter
- Roasted sweet squash bites with cinnamon
- Homemade trail mix: combine pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, cranberries and dark chocolate chips for an irrestible treat!
Check our Pinterest board for more ideas. Remember, it’s all about making small, sustainable changes that matter. So, don’t go prying cheese crackers from your son’s fingers immediately after reading this post. Just start offering this new snack option first with the goal of reducing empty-calorie snacks over time.
So, which nutrient-dense snack are you going to add in? Tell us in the comments!
Need more tips? You can get my free healthy snack swap guide by joining my email list. Also, I share healthy snack ideas on my Facebook page so don’t forget to like us there!