This is the most delicious grain-free pizza crust!! Both gluten lovers and people who eat gluten-free love this pizza crust recipe. You can call it flatbread or pizza crust but no matter what you call it – it is delicious and loved by everyone that’s tasted it!
1.5 c tapioca starch
1 c pumpkin seed flour (use high speed blender to grind up unsalted raw pumpkin seeds)
2/3 c water
1/4 c olive oil
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt or other sea salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs herbes de provence
For creating a pizza with the crust, you’ll also need:
Cheese or Cashew cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare a sheet pan, cookie sheet or pizza stone by brushing with olive oil and sprinkling a bit of pumpkin seed flour all over the oil.
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well. The consistency will be like a very thick cake mix.
- Using oiled fingers, spread the batter into the shape desired such as a 12 inch pizza round or a rectangle shape on a typical cookie sheet. Note: If your pan has a rim, leave enough room between batter and end of the pan to easily get a spatula underneath.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Check if bottom of crust is crispy (it needs to be to hold up to the toppings). If it does not have a crisp feeling (not too crunchy or it will become overdone) then bake for a 2-3 more minutes.
- Add sauce and any toppings such as cheese, cashew cheese, veggies, sausage or organic pepperoni etc.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes until toppings are cooked through or to desired doneness (e.g., cheese is melted).
This is what the grain-free flatbread crust looks like pre-cooked: