- Veggie sticks + travel hummus (kids love to dip!)
- Frozen fruit like grapes + blueberries
- Naturally sweetened, plain granola like Purely Elizabeth, Grandy Oats or Homemade Granola
- Double Coco Cherry Walnut Bars
- Portable fruit like apples and clementines
- Apples or pears + nut butter
- Roasted sweet squash bites with cinnamon
- Homemade trail mix: combine pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, cranberries and dark chocolate chips for an irrestible treat!
Remember, it’s all about making small, sustainable changes that matter. So, don’t go prying cheese crackers from your son’s fingers immediately after reading this post. Just start offering this new snack option first with the goal of reducing empty-calorie snacks over time.